Sunday 28 September 2008

Here goes... 9/09/08

Hi- Thanks for checking out my blog.During my campaign, I’ll generally be posting the low- down on all my shenanigans, so here goes…

This week, I’ve sort of scratched the surface in terms of my campaign-Tuesday was a good day: as you know, something I really wanted to do as part of my campaign is to start a youth centre- to find a building that's not doing much and turn it into a youth-friendly place where young people would actually want to go. Well, after having a (very long, feet-exhausting) look around my borough I heard about this place in Pinner Hill. So, I nervously went down with a guy called Sam (who, by the way, has the patience of a saint! ) to meet the lady who's in charge. Luckily for me, she was really nice so I could let my guard down a bit.
We had a good chat, and she and her daughter seem really enthusiastic about working with me on the project. So it’s looking good.
Here are some pics of me being a bit ridiculous outside the centre :P






Next week, I’m looking to get in contact with Debbie, meet up with some young people and get a team together to start working on the place. - I’m also looking for some ideas; so if you know of a particularly cool youth centre which I could have a look at, or if there’s anything you think it’d be good to have at ours, please send me your ideas!

Angelina

No comments: