Sunday 28 September 2008

First Meeting 23/09/08

Last Friday I met up with some young people who want to work with me on my campaign, and turn the centre into a place for young people.

I was a bit nervous at first, but I'm stoked that they're all really enthusiastic; and something else that was pretty cool was that some local kids were coming over to ask questions, so the news is getting out there!

The main focus of the meeting was to get an application form for funding done, which we sort of managed....although there's still a bit of work that needs...delegating by the end of this week The funding will be used to put on four days of actvities for young people during the half term, which will give us a good idea of the sort of stuff we'd need to do to keep a youth centre going. Plus, hopefully, the experience will give some gravitas to my campaign so I can take ti forward to councillors and the like :P

Angelina

PS: Here's a short clip from the end of the meeting that you can check out, and an extended version will be up soon as well.



PPS: I just realised... I used the word 'stoked'

No comments: