Sunday 5 October 2008

'You don't need to reinvent the wheel'

I am on a definite high: on friday I met my mentor, Melody, who happens to be one super-inspirational lady with a lot of experience; so, I'm looking forward to picking her brain and having her help throughout the course of my campaign.
During the meeting we brainstormed all of the things I want to achieve out of the campaign, how they could be acheive; finishing off with a flow chart (of sorts) of next steps.

One great peice of advice that I got from Melody was (more or less) 'You don't need to reinvent the wheel' , meaning that I don't need to carry the entire weight of the campaign on my shoulders (-I bet up until now that seemed like a bit of a random title!). And she's also given me the contacts of some people who work in the youth sector and ideas on how I might involve more young people who can help with the campaign.

So I'm off to draw up a couple more timetables, do a bit more research, ring a few more people and other busy-bee type things.

Angelina



1 comment:

Orsi said...

Youre doing a great job! Go you! :)